Take An Ultra HD Swim With Splash Drone 3
There are lots of drones out there that can do a lot of things, But how many of them can swim?
We are introducing you the Splash Drone 3, the latest version of all weather drone from SwellPro. As a matter of fact, there are two versions of the Splash Drone 3, namely the Auto and the Fisherman. The first named version comes with a standard waterproof 4K camera and 2-axis gimbal, the Fisherman comes with the Payload Released System that can drop up to 2.5 pounds of bait everywhere you want.
The Splash Drone 3 Auto is equipped with a waterproof 4K camera integrated with a 2-axis gimbal delivering stable and smooth videos and images in the air or underwater. The camera has a 1/2” CMOS sensor and a 5G all glass lens. Capable of recording in 4K at 25fps as well as pictures in 14 megapixels.
The redundancies in the new S3 flight controller are optimized for increased inflight safety and reliability. The improved software and firmware constantly check for system errors and offer backups to maintain flight safety and stability. The Dual mode GPS uses up 24 satellites as well as GLONASS for improved accuracy. Its improved GPS shielding ensures accuracy in all environments. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned drone pilot, flying the Splash Drone 3 AUTO is easy and safe.
The difference between the two drones is that while Splash Drones can be remotely controlled using the radio remote control, the Splash Drone 3 Auto can also be flown using a SwellPro app. This gives users the access to these additional features and modes:
- Follow Me Mode: Follows you at up to 35 mph while you still have camera control.
- Mission Planning: Using the mobile app, pinpoint specific locations on the map (waypoints) to automatically fly a predetermined flight path.
- Tap to fly: Point at a location on the map to automatically fly and hover at a specific location.
- Return to Home: Flip the RTH switch on the remote, and the Splash Drone 3 AUTO will automatically return to its take-off location and land.
- Auto-Land: If the battery on your drone gets critically low it will not fall out of the sky, but rather land smoothly in its current position.
- Low Battery Alert: Remote vibrates when battery levels are low
See The Splash Drone 3 in action in the following video
The Splash Drone 3 is currently running a Kickstarter campaign. and offers a little discount for all buyers. Pledge the Splash Drone 3 Auto for $1,399 (retail $1,699) and the Fisherman version for $1,149 (retail $1,399).
Designer: SwellPro Team
All images via Kickstarter/SwellPro Team