Last Updated on
According to the company, the Arlo Video Doorbell is “designed to capture what traditional video doorbells can’t.” In other words, the smart doorbell is equipped with a front door-optimized 180° diagonal viewing angle and 1:1 ratio which can capture a person from head to toe or a package on the ground.
Smart home security brand Arlo packed its video doorbell with all modern features you want from a smart doorbell in these days. Night Vision, 12x digital zoom, motion detection (with activity zones) alerts, and tamper detection.
It has also an ability to call your smartphone directly as soon as the doorbell is pressed. You can even send pre-recorded messages to the person at your front door and start two-way audio communication. There is also a built-in siren that can be set to sound automatically during an event, or you can trigger it remotely.
- Check out the Arlo Pro 2 security camera deal
What about installation? According to Arlo, the process should be very easy, you can do it yourself by connection to your home’s existing doorbell wiring.
Arlo Video Doorbell Specs:
- Maximum Video Resolution: 1536 x 1536, 1:1 Ratio
- Video Modes: 1536 x 1536, 1080 x 1080, 720 x 720
- Max Lens Field of View: 180-degree diagonal
- All Video Features: HDR, SIP video call at doorbell push
- Digital Zoom: 12x
- Weather Resistant: UV & Weather Resistant
- Motion Detection
- Night Vision
- 2 Way Audio: Yes
- Siren: Yes
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 45 degree Celsius
- Dimensions: 1.77 x 5.11 x 0.98in (45 x 130 x 25mm)
- Weight: 0.25lb (113g)
The Arlo Video Doorbell is available to preorder now for $149.99 and will launch in early 2020. As a buyer, you get a free three-month trial of Arlo Smart, a company´s 30-day cloud recording history service where you can easily store and view all your video clips. After three months, this service will cost you a minimum of $2.99/month.
Image credit: Arlo