Arsenal – The Smart Camera Assistant For Photographers
Arsenal is a new artificial intelligence system that helps you take perfect photos with the DSLR or mirrorless camera.
Want to take beautiful photographs, but you are not sure to determine optimal camera settings? Then we have something for you. Arsenal is a new artificial intelligence system that helps you take perfect photos with the DSLR or mirrorless camera. And it just blew past the one million mark in crowdfunding on Kickstarter.
Arsenal – The Smart Camera Assistant
The smart camera assistant is a ultralight hardware that let you wirelessly control your camera with an Android or iOS app. You can control the camera from up to 100 feet away, adjust settings, watch a live preview, and trigger the shutter remotely from the smartphone. It is easy-to-use, intuitive gadget which is trained on thousands of photos to determine the optimal settings (18 different environmental factors) for the scene you are shooting.
Arsenal automates advanced photo stacking techniques to help you capture scenes with High Dynamic Range (HDR). In seconds, you can take multiple exposures and merge them into a single RAW or JPG file on your camera – no post-production required. With focus stacking, you can get your entire scene in sharp focus. Arsenal calculates the optimal number of exposures, takes them at different focus positions, and merges them into one crystal clear image.
- 10 Best Vlogging Cameras
- 10 Best DSLR Camera Stabilizers And Gimbals
- Best Video Camera Cranes And Jibs
Arsenal can perform photo stacking (combine multiple photos for more dynamic range or sharper focus), long exposures, and timelapse. In each case, the resulting RAW files are saved directly to the camera. The assistant supports many of popular DSLR and mirrorless camera models made by Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Fuji.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Vlogging Camera Reviews
How it works
- Compares current scene with thousands of past images using a convolutional deep neural network.
- Optimizes settings based on 18 different factors
- Avoids settings that produce weak images on your specific camera and lens
- Uses image recognition to identify subject-specific needs (e.g. fast shutter for birds)
- Shows safe ranges for each setting based on situational constraints (e.g. vibration)
- Gives you the ability to change the settings you care about most
If you like this idea of smart helper, you can join over 6,000 backers on the Arsenal Kickstarter page. The lower price for the device is $150.
Designer: Ryan Stout
All images via Kickstarter/Ryan Stout