Last Updated on
Amazon’s new accessory and the answer to Google’s Chromecast Audio can turn any speaker into Alex-enabled speaker. It’s called the Echo Input and works with any speaker that has 3.5mm audio cable input or Bluetooth connectivity.
This device includes far-field microphones, so after you connect it to your speaker, it allows you to use voice commands through Amazon’s Alexa. With Echo Input you are able to ask Alexa to read the news, play a song, or get traffic and weather updates. Not enough? You can also set timers and alarms that will play through the connected speaker. This is a huge advantage against the Chromecast Audio which doesn’t include microphones and voice assistant.
Here are few Echo Input´s features from the official website:
- Echo Input adds Alexa to an external speaker and connects via 3.5 mm audio cable or Bluetooth.
- Can hear you from across the room—even when music is playing.
- Stream Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and more on your favorite speaker.
- Just ask Alexa to play a song, read the news, or check the weather and traffic.
- Set alarms and timers, add items to your to-do list, and control compatible smart home devices.
- Calling and Drop In via Bluetooth is currently not supported.
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games, and more.
- Slim, low-profile design fits almost anywhere.
All images via Amazon
Nechstar has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Nechstar may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.