SIMPLE ANSWER: Fitbit Versa is water-resistant up to 50 meters. This model is water resistant enough to count as waterproof for showering and normal swimming. It even comes with the ability to track laps while swimming.
Amazon: Fitbit Versa
Right now, it is really easy to say which Fitbit is “waterproof”.
Even according to the official manufacturer’s website, there are only four models that are waterproof out of the box. The already mentioned Fitbit Versa, then Fitbit Ionic, Fitbit Charge 3 and the last is Fitbit Flex 2.
Note: Saying that these models are waterproof is little misleading. In fact, all these products should be only referred to as water-resistant.
What Does Waterproof Really Mean?
There are many manufacturers that are declaring their products as waterproof. However, most of these products will have an IP67 or IP68 rating. The maximum rating for solid objects is 6 and for liquids 8. If your gadget has IP68, it does mean, it lets in very little dust and dirt and can be submerged in water for a short period of time.
Is The Fitbit Versa Waterproof For Swimming?
The official statement of Fitbit: “Fitbit Versa is water resistant to 50 meters. After swimming or getting the band wet, we recommend drying the band because, as with any wearable device, it is best for your skin if the band is clean and dry. We do not recommend wearing Versa in a hot tub or sauna.”
Technically Fitbit Versa is not waterproof, you can take it to shower and swim as long as it’s not submerged over 50m deep.
There are two frequently asked questions we want to answer:
- Can You Swim With Fitbit Versa
- Can You Shower With Fitbit Versa
1. Yes, swimming with Fitbit Versa is possible, with the exception of salt water. There shouldn’t be an issue if you take Versa in the pool.
It´s also worth to mention that Versa is sold with the ability to track laps while swimming. So it would be really stupid of Fitbit to sell a watch to track swimming and then say you shouldn’t use it for swimming.
2. Can you shower with your Fitbit Versa? If you forget to take off your Versa while enjoying a hot shower, don’t worry. With an IP68 water-resistant rating, this smartwatch will definitely survive it. No sauna, please, just shower. After you get out of the shower, it is necessary to dry the Fitbit smartwatch to avoid damage.
If you are looking for a smartwatch you can take swimming, the Versa is a good choice. It looks better, fits better and its much cheaper than its predecessors. It also brings a clear, bright and beautiful screen, a new and improved heart rate sensor, smart notifications, contactless payment capabilities and all the features Fitbit users will love. Water-resistant to 50 meters, the Versa is one of the most affordable smartwatches on the market and a device that can make Fitbit proud. View Fitbit Versa On Amazon
RECOMMENDED IN WEARABLES
- Best Waterproof Fitbits
- Is The Fitbit Charge 3 Waterproof?
- Best Waterproof Smartwatch For Android And iPhone
- The Fitbit Zip Buying Guide
- How To Reset Your Fitbit
- Versa: How waterproof is it exactly?, Reddit
- What do I need to know before I wear my Versa in a pool?, Reddit
Main photo by Fitbit
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Nechstar team. We aim to highlight products and services you might find interesting, and if you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners, including Amazon.