NECHSTAR has affiliate partnerships (including Amazon). These do not influence editorial content, though we may earn commissions for purchases using our links. Clicking the device names, images or buttons will redirect you to the product listing (on Amazon, or other sellers) where you can find more product details. Learn more
- Windows comes with a feature that allows you to rotate or flip the screen in four directions.
- To flip or rotate your computer screen in Windows 10, you can use the Settings app or dedicated shortcuts.
If you are using a Windows operating system then you can rotate your screen without any extra software.
This ability to flip and rotate the screen to suit whatever display you are using is especially useful if you have a multi-monitor setup.
In this Windows 10 guide, I’ll show you the simplest technique to rotate the screen on your desktop, laptop, or tablet. A technique that works in every modern version of Windows, from Windows 7 through Windows 10.
How To Rotate And Flip Screen In Windows 10
STEP 1: Click on the Start menu, and open the Settings app.
STEP 2: Now, click on System.
STEP 3: Find the Display option, and click on it.
STEP 4: Locate the Display orientation option under Scale and layout.
STEP 5: Click the dropdown menu under it, and then choose your preferred screen orientation:
- Landscape (flipped)
- Portrait (flipped.)
STEP 6: Rotate the monitor as needed to the orientation you selected.
STEP 7: Click the Keep changes button.
How to Rotate Your Screen With Keyboard Shortcuts
Some laptops and PCs have shortcuts or hotkeys that allow you to rotate the screen when activated. These are mostly provided by graphics drivers and can be used only on some PCs.
- CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow – Changes to Landscape mode.
- CTRL + ALT + Down Arrow – Changes to Landscape (Flipped) mode.
- CTRL + ALT + Left Arrow – Changes to Portrait mode.
- CTRL + ALT + Right Arrow – Changes to Portrait (Flipped) mode.
If you need any help regarding Windows 10, we have plenty of interesting YouTube tutorials right here.