Controlling gadgets at your home with a voice is incredibly convenient, but also expensive. If you are looking for an affordable option for getting into the home automation, we suggest trying the Kasa Smart Plug Outlet by TP-Link. This smart plug can be controlled through your home Wi-Fi network via the Kasa app (free) and gives you the access to turn your home devices on/off and set schedules for each device any day of the week. Incredible useful is the countdown timer feature that allows you to set a timer for the Smart Plug to turn off its appliance automatically.
Plug it into any outlet and you can control your gadgets with your voice. Yes, because the Kasa Smart Plug Outlet works directly with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Microsoft Cortana to manage your devices through voice control. You can even name each Smart Plug and communicate with these plugs by name while making a command. Just say, “Alexa, turn on the lamp“, and it’s done.
Here are a few interesting features of Kasa Smart Plug Outlet by TP-Link from the product page:
- Control from anywhere. You can turn electronics on/off with your smartphone or tablet using the free Kasa app (compatible with iOS and Android)
- Voice control. The Smart Plug works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Microsoft Cortana supported devices for voice commands.
- Flexible control. UL certified to switch up to 15A, for flexible control of a wide range of plug-in devices.
- Kasa scenes and schedules. You can schedule the Kasa Smart Plug to automatically switch on/off when away or sec a Scene for controlling multiple devices with a single button
- Note: Requires a secured 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network connection
All images via TP-Link
Nechstar has affiliate partnerships (including Amazon). These do not influence editorial content, though Nechstar may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy. Please note, if we mention a price, discount or a special deal, this was valid at the time of posting the article. Since then, prices have probably changed.